Posted in Chapter News, Professional Development | Tagged AFP, Association of professional fundraising, brevard acheivement center, florida public relations association, FPRA, rosalind weiss | 1 Comment »
- Date: Thursday, May 16
- Cost: $20 FPRA members, $25 non-members, $15 students
- Time: 7:30 a.m. registration and networking, 8 a.m.-9 a.m. program
- Breakfast Choices (included): Open-Faced Croissant: Generously filled with scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese & ham, served with fresh seasonal fruit cup OR Four-Cheese Quiche
- Location: Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, 8298 N Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32940
Please RSVP to Julie Arnold at Julie@look-marketing with your name and meal choice. We accept payment via PayPal, please click on the correct pricing structure above to be directed to our PayPal system. We still accept cash or checks at the door. No shows will be invoiced, please cancel 24 hours in advance of attendance.
The Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) is calling for entries for its 56th annual Golden Image Awards competition. The Golden Image Awards is conducted annually by FPRA to recognize outstanding public relations programs in Florida and to encourage and promote the development of public relations professionalism in our state.
The Golden Image Awards has become a standard of public relations excellence in the state of Florida. Winners demonstrate the very best examples of innovation, planning and design. The awards competition consists of four divisions of categories: Public Relations Programs, Printed Tools of Public Relations, Audio/Visual/ Online Tools of Public Relations and Student Projects in Public Relations. To qualify for judging, an entry must incorporate sound public relations research and planning. Entries also must meet the highest standard of production, execution and evaluation of results.
The deadline to enter this year’s Golden Image Awards competition is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 17, 2013. For more information, or to download a Golden Image Awards entry form, click HERE.
The Golden Image awards are presented at FPRA’s Annual Conference to be held this year on August 6 at the Vinnoy Renaissance, St. Petersburg. More information on the conference, including registration information, is included on the Association’s website.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations of EGAD Main Street.
- Coordinate the activity of EGADMS committees, ensuring that communication between committees is well established; assist and guide committees with implementation of work plans.
- Raise brand awareness of the organization by maintaining a timely and effective system of communications, including production and dissemination of a periodic newsletter, website updates, news releases, presentations and social media.
- Assist in planning and coordinating EGADMS projects, special events, fundraising initiatives, volunteer management and recruiting.
- Provide administrative support for managing the EGADMS board to include preparation of meeting materials, scheduling, communications, documentation and an annual work plan.
- Manage administrative aspects of the EGADMS program, including purchasing, record keeping; assist in budget development, and preparing all reports required by the state Main Street program and by the National Trust Main Street Center.
- Develop, in conjunction with the EGADMS board, strategies for downtown economic development through historic preservation utilizing the community’s human and economic resources. Become familiar with all persons and groups directly or indirectly involved in the downtown commercial district (stakeholders).
- Represent the organization in the community and develop strong, positive working relationships with area merchants, property owners, residents and state and local public officials.
- Provide assistance in coordinating joint promotional events with downtown merchants, such as seasonal festivals, sidewalk sales, etc., with the goal of improving the quality and excitement of events to attract people downtown.
Space Coast Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) will be holding their annual Media Summit (formerly Media Roundtable) on Thursday, April 25 at the Canaveral Port Authority Maritime Center at Port Canaveral.
The Media Summit allows the public the opportunity to meet and engage with Brevard County’s top media representatives. This event includes presentations by multiple media representatives and offers attendees the opportunity to engage, ask questions and learn about the local media outlets. This year there is a lunch presentation in addition to the media program. Attendees have a choice of attending the entire day or just the morning or lunch sessions. The lunch session features speakers from NASA –Kennedy Space Center, Walt Disney World – Orlando, sharing case studies of communications and public relations success.
Committed media representative include: Florida Today, Central Florida News 13, the Associated Press, CBS News Radio, WMMB, Brevard Business News, Al Dia Today, Viera Voice, and more.
- Date: Thursday, April 25
- Time: 8:30 a.m. Registration, 9:00 a.m. Media Summit
11:30 a.m. Lunch Break, 12:00 p.m. Featured Speakers
- Breakfast & Lunch: Provided by Port Canaveral
- Location: Canaveral Port Authority Maritime Center, 445 Challenger Road, Suite 301, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Tickets are $40 for FPRA members, $45 for non-members and $35 for non-profit/students for the full day. Participants can also attend either session separately for $20 for FPRA members, $25 for non-members and $15 for non- profit/students for the morning or lunch session separately. The event includes continental breakfast and lunch. For more information, or to RSVP, email Angelica@tntcommgroup.com.