Space Coast Health Foundation is a non-profit, grant making organization in Melbourne, Florida. Our mission is to enhance the health and wellness of Brevard County residents. We look forward to welcoming an enthusiastic and compassionate team member to join our team.
The candidate should be prepared to develop and protect public image of the foundation, promote the mission and values of SCHF and its programs by enhancing our presence through communication and community outreach. Responsibilities include communication planning, implementation, event planning and media relations. Strengths should include event planning, copywriting, presentation skills, experience with corporate communications, marketing project management and development and maintenance of social media platforms.
Essential Job Duties:
- Writing to include press releases, speeches and other PR copy for internal and external distribution
- Develop and maintain social media presence for the organization
- Develop strategic communication plan
- Create an internal employee communication program
- Plan, coordinate and implement special events and other meetings, conferences and special projects including maintaining an event and communications calendar
- Update and maintain the websites
- Project management for PR campaigns and or initiatives including promotion of grant work
- Manage media relations and requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism required with 2 years of relevant experience.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes health/dental/vision, 401(k) with company match, employer paid life, STD and LTD, EAP, tuition reimbursement and a generous paid time off plan. EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
For additional information, please contact the Space Coast Health Foundation at 321.241.6600.