• Must have 3+ years of communications background, political experience preferred.
• Strong written communication skills are required with an emphasis on composition. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and proofing excellence is a must. Ability to draft correspondence and meet tight deadlines.
• Applicant must demonstrate the ability to develop attention-grabbing headlines when developing press releases and other written communication.
• Graphic design background a plus.
• Availability to work extended hours, including weekends, as needed.
• Must be a registered voter in the State of Florida and possess a valid driver’s license.
• College degree preferred.
• Draft press releases, statements, media advisories, talking points.
• Ability to address events as they occur with speed and accuracy.
• Schedule media interviews and provide background information for all media events.
• Oversee comprehensive daily media tracking program.
• Maintain social media and overall online presence.
• Participate in message alignment and strategy.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starting professional.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite including; Outlook, Publisher and Power Point required.
Only qualified applicants need apply to: Employment@VoteBrevard.com