Brevard County Supervisor of Elections Office
Under the specific direction of the Communications Director, increase community involvement and communication throughout the community while developing and executing a proactive community outreach program.
- Implement an outreach plan for increased public awareness of Elections/Voter Registration programs and activities.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform activities and logistics in support of community activities in outreach plan.
- Develop and cultivate community outreach through presentations for new and existing engagement opportunities.
- Develop relationships with community leaders to promote initiatives and activities of the Supervisor of Elections office.
- Schedule community engagements with civic clubs, citizens associations, educational institutions and other community organizations relating to Elections/Voter Registration programs.
- Prepare written materials documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information from outreach events.
- Conduct communications workshops for Election Office personnel.
- Develop informational and educational publications for various agencies and the public.
- Develop and conduct special projects for the Supervisor of Elections.
- Perform related work as required.
(Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Political/Social Science, Public Administration, Marketing, Business Administration or a closely related field from an accredited university.
- Two years professional experience in public or community relations.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience convening workshops
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong networking and engagement skills
- Thorough knowledge of techniques or planning, composing and editing publicity material
- Ability to research a wide variety of topics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
- Ability to coordinate and administer projects with flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work with minimum direction and as a team player when required
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in carrying out administrative details
- Travel is 25% of job so a valid Florida Driver License is required
- Will be operating a county vehicle * Overtime is required
- Must be a registered voter in Florida
- Individuals in this position will be subject to background checks.
- Lifting items of 20 lbs or less on occasion
Job Type: Full-time
- public or community relations: 2 years
- convening workshops: 1 year
- Driver’s License
Required work authorization:
- United States