Position Title: Marketing Manager, Cape Leisure Corporation
Reports to: President, Cape Leisure Corporation
Overview & Purpose: Cape Leisure seeks a motivated marketing professional to manage all facets of its marketing and communications programs. This includes paid advertising, public relations, social media efforts, digital marketing and special events to increase visitation and revenue at the parks within which we operate. The successful candidate will manage the activities of our field location marketing personnel and advertising agency, as well as other creative and media vendors. Excellent writing and organizational skills required.
Cape Leisure is a growing Cape Canaveral, Florida-based hospitality management company specializing in concession operations within state and national parks. We manage food, retail, lodging, recreational rentals, special events and interpretive services within iconic Florida State Parks such as Silver Springs, Homosassa Springs and Ichetucknee Springs.
- Develop annual marketing plans and budgets for each location.
- Maintain and update website content. Manage SEO for each property. Rewrite and redesign existing websites. Create/update websites for new properties.
- Social Media: Monitor social media channels for each property and respond to inquiries and reviews. Create editorial calendars, develop and post content. Create promoted posts to promote events/programs and build fan base.
- Manage Google, Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews for properties.
- Develop and manage Google Ad Words for properties.
- Update and print existing rack brochures/cards. Write and develop new rack brochures. Research and secure brochure/rack card distribution services for key geographic areas.
- Update Visit Florida business partner listings, recommend co-op ad programs and secure media visits/familiarization tours.
- Develop relationships with VCBs and TDCs for each property. Coordinate media visits, review co-op programs, support industry activities and attend meetings when beneficial.
- Write/distribute press releases about offerings, what’s new and events at each location.
- Update sales kits and catering kits at select properties.
- Evaluate and recommend participation in wedding shows and other opportunities.
- Work with field staff at each location to ensure grass roots sales activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Minimum of three years marketing experience in attractions/hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a successful marketing program and coordinate both public and private special events.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Basic budget management and accounting skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with general office computer software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to move, stand, stoop and bend for an entire 8-hour shift. Tasks require consistent use of both arms and legs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
- Must be willing to tolerate working outdoors year around and in warm interior environments.
- Must have the ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
All applicants are subject to employment background screening and drug testing.
Cape Leisure Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.