Performs communication activities to promote the growth of philanthropic revenue, community and employee engagement, and awareness of the BAC’s mission, programs, services and community impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages website content and updates. Oversees periodic updates and revision to site.
- Manages and creates content for internal Team Portal.
- Plans and executes marketing of events via press relations, advertising, social media, web sites, and email campaigns
- Manages communication and creates content (i.e. messages, graphics, videos, and blog posts) for social media accounts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Writes all press releases and pitches stories to appropriate media (local, regional, national and trade); writes columns for publications as requested
- Serves as media liaison
- Manages donor and customer contact and relationship management information using the appropriate computer software system; runs fundraising reports as needed
- Ensures that brand materials and compliance standards are met throughout BAC and with external users
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales management, public relations or related field; supplemented by five or more years of marketing, communications and/or fundraising experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Core Skills & Capabilities
- Knowledge of graphic, web, and print production processes; social media platforms; video scripts; and production and technical applications
- Knowledge of fundraising principles with emphasis on annual giving, grant writing, event management and stewardship practices
- Knowledge of media and production processes and cycles and tactics for media management
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to operate a computer using Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, and Excel) and applicable department/organization specific software
Full Time: Monday – Friday 8am – 4:45pm
Competitive Salary and Benefits – including group insurance coverage for health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability income benefits; Flexible Spending Account; Paid leave benefits for Vacation, Holidays and Sick Leave; 401(k) Retirement Plan (pre-tax and Roth options) with employer contributions; and more!
Accepting applications until Friday, February 15, 2019.