APR Cohort Study Group
Interested in setting a new PR goal for 2014? How about seeking accreditation. Even though you may feel like you have too full of a plate to seek accreditation, now there is an online study course available that may make preparing for the exam a little easier. For more information about accreditation and the online study course, please contact FPRA Space Coast Chapter Accreditation Chair, Shelley Szafraniec, APR, CPRC, at Shelley.Szafraniec@BrevardCounty.us or 321-637-4072.
THE COHORT STUDY GROUP: The Accreditation in Public Relations Online Study Course
A message from Michael Henry, APR Online Study Course Technical Support
We are happy to announce the schedule for the next Cohort Study Group. Although the course is self-paced, we want to encourage you to participate in one of the weekly webcasts. Here is the full list of open houses coming up: http://www.online2learn.net/docs/APRPREP/OpenHouse-Webcast.htm
Even if you do not want to participate in the weekly meetings, we want to encourage you to think about how to apply what you are learning to practical situations. Submit a “Case problem Response,” and have it reviewed by an APR Facilitator. It’s a proven study strategy!
More facts to know about the Online Study Course:
- Purpose: The course is designed to help candidates prepare for the Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations (APR).
- Cost: One-year subscription – $195 for members of UAB Participating Organizations OR $295 for non-members (if you’re not an FPRA member).
- Format: Interactive online multimedia course.
- Content: Course content is geared toward the knowledge, skills and abilities measured during the Examination, and is presented through a variety of interactive methods, including multimedia module introductions, asynchronous activities, case study analysis, projects, directed discussions, self-correcting quizzes and simulations. It provides opportunities for self-study, collaboration and teamwork-all situations that public relations professionals encounter in their day-to-day work.
- Pace: Candidates can proceed through the course at their own pace, and monthly optional Web conferences allow candidates to ask questions and meet other course participants.
Why choose the online course? This Online Study Course is helpful to those who can’t participate in the study programs offered by local Chapters and member organizations because of distance or other constraints. It also is valuable to candidates who want to take advantage of additional preparation tools for the Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations. Cohort study groups typically begin January, June and September.
Want more information? Contact the FPRA Space Coast Chapter Accreditation Chair, Shelley Szafraniec, APR, CPRC, at Shelley.Szafraniec@BrevardCounty.us or 321-637-4072.