Save the date for the 2011 FPRA Roast & Toast
The Space Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) will host its Annual Roast & Toast event on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at the Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
This year’s event features the “roasting” of one of our community’s most respected and admired community leaders, Mike Means, CEO of Health First. It will also include recognition of the best and brightest in the field of public relations here in Brevard County, including the “toasting” of the 2011 PR Professional of the Year, Amelia Woodbridge.
- 5:30 p.m. Cocktail Reception
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner and Program
- Tickets are $40 for FPRA members or $50 for guests
- Corporate tables of 10 are available for $400
- Business attire suggested
- Checks should be made payable to FPRA and mailed to: P.O. Box 410704, Melbourne, FL 32941-0704.
For more information about the FPRA Roast & Toast, please contact event chairperson Suzanne Sparling, APR, at 321-631-2740.
Read Full Post »
Join us for our next FPRA chapter event, “Media Training Tips for PR Professionals,” featuring Gwen Griffin, President and CEO, of Griffin Communications Group, on Friday, July 1, 2011.
Gwen Griffin, President and CEO, of Griffin Communications Group, will share insights learned during her 25 years in the communications industry. Throughout her career she has managed a wide array of communications programs including public affairs, advocacy campaigns, strategic planning, image and brand campaigns, media relations, corporate communications, crisis communications, strategic alliances, community relations and research. She has worked with multiple corporate clients on media training and will share her expertise and insights with the audience. Click her for her complete biography.
The presentation will feature:
- A refresher course in media training techniques
- The importance of properly preparing your top line executives to speak with the media
- Tips for the PR professional when working with the media
- Friday, July 1, 2011
- FPRA members $20, non-members $25
- Holiday Inn, Viera
- 11:30 a.m. networking
- 12:00 p.m. program and lunch with the following choices: Chicken Normandy or Vegetable Manicotti
RSVP to Carey Beam via email at Carey.Beam@Craigtechinc.com with meal choice by Wed., June 29, 2011.
Read Full Post »
The Space Coast Chapter would like to welcome Hannah Lee Nevins, Event and PR Coordinator for the Cocoa Beach Area Chamber of Commerce.
- When did you join the Cocoa Beach Area Chamber of Commerce: August 2009
- Education/Background: BA in Communication and Information Sciences from The University of Alabama: Advertising & Public Relations major, Political Science minor
- Why did you join FPRA: I joined FPRA to build relationships, further develop communications skills and idea share techniques to implement and improve public relations within my career.
- What is the most challenging part of your job: The most challenging part of my job is remembering the big picture. The planning and execution of events and publications are important but keeping the big picture in mind is necessary so we don’t become too caught up with details.
- What is the most enjoyable part of your job: I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to meet new people. Each day, we have business owners, community leaders, community members, volunteers and tourists from all over the world coming in and out, so it’s fair to say there is never a dull day here at the chamber!
- What are your hobbies/interests: I love children and being with my family, volunteering, playing tennis, bike riding, designing cards, reading and traveling.
- Family Info: I live in Cocoa Beach with my amazing husband Jonathan.
Read Full Post »